Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I've decided on what this space will be used for.

I'm a huge nerd.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a giant dork. I'm the kind of guy who will surf wikipedia for hours looking up the most obscure cartoons I used to watch as a kid just to prove to myself that I didn't make them up ('cause honestly, who would ask me about them). I'm the kind of person who knows why in the original Power Rangers, the Pink Ranger had a skirt and the Yellow Ranger didn't, even though both were girls (or were they).  I could tell you the starting line-up for every single NBA team of the last ten years and know the stats of each player (huge fantasy basketball addiction). And don't even get me started with video games. I'd go off about that, but believe it or not, I do have some dignity and there's hope that a girl might actually be reading this.

So what does Jordan want to talk about? For one, I'm probably the person you'd want to talk to about cameras.

"Cameras huh?" Yes, cameras.

Still cameras, video cameras, Flip thingies, cellphones, computer built-ins, you name it and I've probably heard about it. Want to know the difference between Nikons and Canons? Want to know why pixel resolution and megapixels doesn't mean much anymore? Want to know why there are so many jillions of versions of "HD?" Want to know the best camera for your budget?

Ask me. The ego in me will probably answer it.  The dork in me will probably have a nerdgasm to be able to talk about these things.

*Bonus Answers*
-Obscure cartoon I used to watch but bet most people never heard of, "Samurai Pizza Cats"
-In the Japanese version of Power Rangers, the Pink Ranger was indeed a girl (and thus a skirt), but the Yellow Ranger was a dude. In the American version, the Pink was again a girl, but the Yellow was an Asian chick. Racist much?
-My favorite starting line-up of the last ten years? My favorite team in basketball the Dallas Mavericks of 2002-'03.
PG: Steve Nash (17.7 PPG, 7.3 APG .909 FT%)
SG: Raja Bell ( .412 3PT%, Defensive stopper/Kobe killer)
SF: Michael Finley (19.3 PPG. I have his jersey.)
PF: Dirk Nowitski (25.1 PPG, 9.9 RPG, Next coming of Larry Bird)
C: Raef Lafrentz (.405 3PT%, Token white guy on a team full of white guys.)

6th Man: Nick Van Exel (12.5 PPG, Token Badass)

3 comments:

  1. Kobe, Pau, Ron, Derek, Andrew...that's the best lineup...2010 champs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan, I still like you even after reading this *lol*. Hmm, perhaps because I am bit of a nerd myself. I regret not taking the time to get to know you better. I can tell you're a good guy and that's very rare these days. Keep being your "nerdy" self. ;)

    ReplyDelete